A recent tweet by the GST Tech (@Infosys_GSTN) stated that Now taxpayers can initiate Drop Proceedings for suspension of registration at the GST portal and revoke the suspension of registration.
Let’s understand this enhancement:
- This functionality is for Taxpayers who file their pending returns after the receipt of the Show cause notice (SCN) issued by the GST system.
- Before this functionality, Taxpayers who file their pending returns, but have not responded to the SCN, their registration remained suspended despite filing their returns.
- Now such Taxpayers have been given the facility to initiate Drop Proceedings on their own once the pending returns are filed.
- So, if Taxpayers have filed all pending returns, and their registration status is still suspended, then Taxpayers can revoke the suspension with a single click by initiating Drop Proceeding.
Log on to GST portal > Services > User Services > View Notices and Orders > Click on ‘Initiate Drop Proceeding’
Online Recorded GST Course on:
Scrutiny Notices, Assessment, Audit, Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest under GST (September, 2022) by CA. Bimal Jain
₹2,499/- Register Now !!
- Inclusive of GST
- Recording of 4 Sessions | 12 Hours
- Updated till September 2022
- The validity of the Recorded Session is 3 Months with Unlimited Viewing.
For details, or any queries,