The DGFT has issued Public Notice No. 12/2023 dated April 28, 2023 regarding the new Tariff Rate Quota (“TRQ”) Applications under tariff head 7108 under India-UAE CEPA for the Finance Year 2023-24.
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 1.03 and 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2023 and in continuation to Public Notice No. 06/2015-20 dated May 01, 2022, 23/2015-20 dated August 29, 2022, 28/2015-20 dated October 06, 2022, 32/2015-20 dated October 22, 2022, 47/2015-20 dated December 29, 2022 and 06/2023 dated April 17, 2023, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade hereby amends the procedures for application for TRQ under tariff head 7108 under India-UAE CEPA for FY 2023-24 as under:
- New applications for TRQ under tariff head 7108 for FY 2023-24 are invited from the date of this Public Notice and up to May 07, 2023.
- Applications for TRQ under India-UAE CEPA for the tariff head 7108 for FY 2023-24 are invited online through the DGFT website (https://dgft.gov.in) –> Import Management System –>Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ).
- All applications for TRQ under tariff head 7108 for FY 2023-24 shall be considered as per the guidelines notified vide Public Notice 06/2023 dated April 17, 2023. New applications that may be received pursuant to this Public Notice shall be considered together with the earlier applications already received for TRQ allocation of a total of 140 MTs under tariff head 7108 for FY 2023-24.
- The minimum lot size of allocation shall be 5 kgs ordinarily and, shall be subject to a downward revision in case the number of eligible applicants is higher. Allocation shall be made in multiples of the minimum lot size and shall be less than or equal to the quantity as requested by the applicant.
- The said TRQ allocation shall be subject to a 6-monthly review. In cases where the TRQ utilisation is found to be <= 25% in the said review process, 50% of the balance TRQ quantities shall be deemed to be considered as surrendered and shall be considered for re-allocation to other TRQ Allottees.
Effect of this Public Notice: New applications for TRQ for imports under tariff head 7108 under India-UAE CEPA for FY 2023-24 are invited from the date of this Public Notice up to May 07, 2023.
The Public Notice can be accessed at: https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/9fc05024-48bf-4cec-9c42-16805476367f/PN%2012%2028.04.2023%20ENG.pdf