To make the E-Way Bill generation system more user friendly, NIC has released a Press Note which explains the new enhancements in E-Way bill generation form to be rolled-out from October 1, 2018. The following are the enhancements done in the E-Way Bill generation Form:
- Display of only relevant document types in “Document Type” drop down list based on the selected Transaction “Supply Type” and “Sub Type” by the tax payers.
- Auto-population of state name based on the pin code entered at consignor and consignee addresses.
- Standard rates for tax are provided in the drop-down list for selection based on the type (intra-state/inter-state) transactions.
- Additional fields for “CESS Non Advol Amount” & “Other Value” have been introduced to enter CESS Non Advol amount and any other charges (+/-) written in invoice.
- Alerting the generator of the E-Way Bill through SMS message, in case the total invoice value is more than Rs. 10 Crores.
- Transporter ID is made compulsory for generating Part-A slip.
The latest changes in E-way Bill system are illustrated with screen shots: http://www.a2ztaxcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Latest-changes-in-E-way-Bill-System.pdf