The government had extended the deadline to link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card from March 31, 2022, to March 31, 2023. But this did not come without a caveat. From April 1, 2022, if you have to link Pan and Aadhaar card, you must pay a certain fee. A fee of Rs 500 is applicable if you link your Aadhaar and PAN card before June 30, 2022. But this will get doubled from July 1, 2022.
In order to complete the Aadhaar-PAN linking process, from July 1, you will have to pay a penalty of Rs 1,000. This was announced in a press release by CBDT. It stated, “A window of opportunity has been provided to the taxpayers up to 31st of March 2023 to intimate their Aadhaar to the prescribed authority for Aadhaar-PAN linking without facing repercussions. As a result, taxpayers will be required to pay a fee of Rs 500 up to three months from 1st April 2022 and a fee of Rs.1000 after that, while intimating their Aadhaar.”
The challan will have to be paid using Challan No ITNS 280. The major head for this is 0021 and the minor head is 500. If the Aadhaar PAN link process is not completed by March 31, 2022, the PAN card will become inoperative.
Step By Step Guide To Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Here:
- Go to the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register with your details on it. PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be the user ID.
- Now, log in using the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- If the window does not appear, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Just verify the PAN details on the screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- The Aadhar Card will be linked to the PAN card and the message will be reflected on the screen.
For FAQs of upgraded Link Aadhaar service after payment of fee as per CBDT Circular No 7/2022 Click Here
We have recently released the 7th Edition (May, 2022) of our book on Goods and Services Tax, titled, “GST LAW AND COMMENTARY – WITH ANALYSIS AND PROCEDURES”, updated with the Finance Act, 2022 in a set of 4 Volumes. We thank you all for the support and your enduring response.
Have a look at the complete tour of the Book at: https://cutt.ly/nF6O0oN
Order your copy now and be a part of the GST learning excursion in the most comprehensive and lucid form !!
For more details and purchase online at: https://cutt.ly/RFMox8D