The Government of India, in association with State Governments, is launching an ‘Invoice incentive Scheme’ by the name ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’ to encourage the culture of customers asking for invoices/bills for all purchases.
The objective of the scheme is to bring a cultural and behavioural change in the general public to ‘Ask for a Bill’ as their right and entitlement.
The details of the Scheme are as under:
- The Scheme will be launched on September 01, 2023.
- This scheme will initially be launched as a pilot in the States of Assam, Gujarat & Haryana and UTs of Puducherry, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
- All B2C invoices issued by GST registered suppliers (registered in the States of Assam, Gujarat & Haryana and UTs of Puducherry, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu) to consumers will be eligible for the scheme. Minimum value for invoices to be considered for a lucky draw has been kept at Rs. 200.
- Invoices can be uploaded on Mobile Application ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’ available on IOS and Android as well as on web portal ‘web.merabill.gst.gov.in’
- All residents of India will be eligible to participate in this Scheme irrespective of their State/UT. Maximum 25 invoices can be uploaded by an individual on App/web portal in a month to be considered for lucky draw.
- For each uploaded invoice an Acknowledgement Reference Number (ARN) will be generated which will be used for the draw of prizes.
- Winning invoices will be picked by a method of random draw at regular intervals (monthly/quarterly).
- Periodicity of draw and prize structure:
|No. of Prizes||Prize Money in Rs|
- All B2C invoices issued during the previous month which have been uploaded on the application by 5th of the next month will be eligible for the monthly draw.
- For Bumper prize, a quarterly draw will be conducted for all invoices uploaded in the last 03 months (till 5th of the month of the bumper draw) will be considered.
- At the time of uploading the invoice, the participants would be required to provide the following details:
GSTIN of supplier
State/UT of the customer
- Duplicate uploads and invoices with inactive or fake GSTIN will be rejected by the system.
- Alert/Notification to the winners will be made through SMS/push Notification on the app/web portal only.
- Winning person will be requested to provide some additional information like PAN number, Aadhar Card, Bank Account Details, etc, through the app/web portal, within a period of 30 days from such date of informing them (date of SMS/App/Web Portal Notification), for enabling transfer of the winning prize to them through the said bank account.
- This Pilot Scheme will run for a period of 12 months.
The Press Release can be accessed at: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1951804