The following amendments have been made in the earlier instructions issued based on Kerala Finance Bill, 2020 vide Circular No. 9/2020 dated September 15th, 2020 as under:-
- Option to Avail Amnesty Scheme should be made on or before November 30th, 2020
- Last date for payment of the amount determined under the scheme shall be March 31st, 2021
- If the Assessee opts to pay arrears under the Amnesty Scheme, 2020 in instalments, then 20% of the arrears shall be paid as 1st instalment within 30 days of receipt of the intimation and the balance amount shall be paid in instalments, subject to a maximum of 4 instalments.
- The tax remaining unpaid as on the date of the option, under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 47 of the Kerala General Sales Tax Act, 1963, clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 17B of the Kerala Tax on Luxuries Act, 1967 and clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 74 of the Kerala Value Added Tax Act, 2003 pursuant to the payment of compounding fee mentioned therein can also be settled under this scheme.
- Where, any time limit has been specified in, or prescribed under the Kerala General Sales Tax Act, 1963, Kerala Agricultural Income Tax Act, 1991, Kerala Tax on Luxuries Act, 1976 (repealed), and Kerala Value Added Tax Act, 2003, terminates on the 31st day of March, 2020 for the Completion of any proceeding or passing of any order or issuance of any notice relating to any assessment, proceeding to determine any tax penalty or other amounts under the provisions of the said Act and where completion or compliance or such action has not been made within such time, then, the time limit for completion or compliance of such action has been extended to the March 31st, 2021.
All other conditions of the scheme shall remain the same.
The complete Circular can be accessed at: https://keralataxes.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Circular-No.9-20.pdf