The important announcement by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (“CBIC”) about filing GST Returns.
Following important changes have been made in Return Filing Process:
- Taxpayers need to file previous tax periods GSTR-1 before filing current period GSTR-1
- GSTR-1 for the current period need to be filed before filing GSTR-3B for the said tax period
What is FORM GSTR-1?
FORM GSTR-1 is a statement of outward supplies which is filed:
- On Quarterly basis by QRMP taxpayers
- On Monthly basis by other taxpayers
When should you file FORM GSTR-1?*
- All taxpayers (other than QRMP taxpayers) must file FORM GSTR-1 every month on or before 11th of the next month
- QRMP taxpayers, have to file quarterly FORM GSTR-1 by the 13th of the month following the relevant quarter
For more details, please refer to Section 37 (4) and 39 (10) of CGST Act 2017, read with Notification No. 18/2022- Central tax dated September 28, 2022 and GSTN Advisory dated October 21, 2022
*Late filing of GSTR-1 will attract late fee
Online Recorded GST Course on:
Scrutiny Notices, Assessment, Audit, Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest under GST (September, 2022) by CA. Bimal Jain
Register Now !!
- Special Discount valid from 1st November to 15th November
- Inclusive of GST
- Recording of 4 Sessions | 12 Hours
- Updated till September 2022
- The validity of the Recorded Session is 3 Months with Unlimited Viewing.
For details, or any queries,