DGFT vide Trade Notice No. 22/200-21 dated July 30, 2020, has laid down the Procedure and Criteria for submission and approval of the application for the export of 2/3 Ply surgical masks units per month. The application procedure and criteria for export of 2/3 Ply Surgical Masks are outlined below:
I. Export of only 4 Crore units of ‘2/3 Ply Surgical Masks will be allowed for the month of August.
Il. Exporters (Both Manufacturers and Merchant exporters) may apply online through DGFT’s ECOM system for Export authorizations (Non-SCOMET Restricted items) – Please refer to Trade Notice No. 50 dated 18.03.2019. There is no need to send any hard copy of the application via mail or post.
Ill. Online applications for export of “2/3 Ply Surgical Masks” filed from 5th to 8th August: 2020 will only be considered.
IV. All the applications will be examined as per the Para 2.72 of Handbook of Procedures.
V. The validity of the export license will be for 3 months only.
VI. The following eligibility criteria will be applicable for the issuance of Export licenses:-
- Documentary proof of manufacturing “2/3 Ply Surgical Masks”. Manufacturers of 2/3 Ply Masks will be given preference.
- Only 1 application per IEC may be considered during the month iii. The documents to be submitted may include the following:
- Copy of Purchase order/invoice
- copy of IEC
- Proof of any advance payment received before March 19, 2020, i.e. date of prohibition (Certificate from the Bank certifying that the advance payment received is against the export order of 2/3 Ply surgical masks). Such cases will also be given preference.
- All the documents must be duly self-attested by the authorized person of the firm.
VIl. All the relevant documents as specified above must be submitted along with the application to verify the eligibility criteria. Incomplete applications will not be considered for any allocation. Any application received through email or submitted outside the timeline specified will not be considered.
The Trade Notice can be accessed at: https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/50af3b2b-33b1-4760-bef5-fbf6f189e359/T22N.pdf