|Chapter V of Finance Act, 1994|
1[Application for Advance Ruling.
96C. (1) An applicant desirous of obtaining an advance ruling under this Chapter may make an application in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed, stating the question on which the advance ruling is sought.
(2) The question on which the advance ruling is sought shall be in respect of,—
(a) classification of any service as a taxable service under Chapter V;
(b) the valuation of taxable services for charging service tax;
(c) the principles to be adopted for the purposes of determination of value of the taxable service under the provisions of Chapter V;
(d) applicability of notifications issued under Chapter V;
3[(e) admissibility of credit of duty or tax in terms of the rules made in this regard;]
2[(f) determination of the liability to pay service tax on a taxable service under the provisions of Chapter V.]
(3) The application shall be made in quadruplicate and be accompanied by a fee of two thousand five hundred rupees.
(4) An applicant may withdraw an application within thirty days from the date of the application.]
1. Inserted by the Finance Act, 2003, w.e.f. 14-5-2003.
2. Inserted by the Finance Act, 2006, w.e.f. 18-4-2006.
3. Substituted vide Finance Act, 2012, before it was read as, “(e) admissibility of credit of service tax;”
+91 11 42427056 firstname.lastname@example.org