|Chapter V of Finance Act, 1994|
68. 1[Payment of service tax
(1) Every person providing taxable service to any person shall pay service tax at the rate specified in section 4[66B] in such manner and within such period as may be prescribed.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), in respect of 2[such taxable services as may be notified] by the Central Government in the Official Gazette, the service tax thereon shall be paid by such person and in such manner as may be prescribed at the rate specified in section 4[66B] and all the provisions of this Chapter shall apply to such person as if he is the person liable for paying the service tax in relation to such service.]
3[Provided that the Central Government may notify the service and the extent of service tax which shall be payable by such person and the provisions of this Chapter shall apply to such person to the extent so specified and the remaining part of the service tax shall be paid by the service provider.]
1. Substituted by the Finance (No. 2) Act, 1998, w.e.f. 16-10-1998. Earlier section 68 was amended by the Finance (No. 2) Act, 1996 and later on substituted by the Finance Act, 1997.
2. Substituted by Finance Act, 2012, w.e.f. 1.7.2012, before it was read as, “any taxable service notified”
3. Inserted by Finance Act, 2012 w.e.f. 1.7.2012.
4. Substituted vide Order dated 15-6-2012, before it was read as, “66”
+91 11 42427056 firstname.lastname@example.org