The National Informatics Centre (“NIC”) has introduced certain new enhancements to the E-Way Bill (EWB) system dated April 23, 2019. The purpose of introduction of such enhancement is to ease the process of generation of E-Way Bill system by the taxpayers and the transporters.
Following are the enhancements in E-Way Bill System:
- Auto calculation of distance based on PIN Codes for generation of e-Way Bill: The e-Way bill system has enhanced with auto calculation of distance between the source and destination, based on the PIN Codes. The e-waybill system will calculate and display the estimated motorable distance between the supplier and recipient addresses.
- Knowing the distance between two PIN codes: Route distance calculation between source and destination uses the data from various electronic sources.
- Blocking the generation of multiple E-Way Bills on one Invoice/Document: If the e-way Bill is generated once with a particular invoice number, then none of the parties – consignor, consignee or transporter, can generate the e-Way Bill with the same invoice number.
- Extension of E-Way Bill in case the consignment is in Transit/Movement: The transporters had proposed to incorporate the provision to extend the e-way Bill, when the goods are in Transit/Movement.
- Report on list of E-Way Bills about to expire: Taxpayers or transporters can now view the list of e-Way Bills about to expire in a period of 4 days [From current date (T) then (T)-1, (T)+1, (T)+2]. They can keep track of expiry dates for each of the consignments generated.
The Complete Enhancements in E- Way Bill system can be accessed at: http://www.a2ztaxcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/EnhancementsEWBApril2019.pdf