The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has issued updated GST Return Offline tool for Invoice Furnishing Facility (IFF) with new version V3.0.0. for quarterly filers.
The Offline Tool version 3.0.0 has been designed to enable taxpayers to prepare GSTR-1 by adding invoices and other document details. Taxpayers can use this tool to open the GSTR-2A JSON file to view auto-drifted inward supplies.
II. Version Infomation
The Offline Tool version 3.0.0 supports
GSTR-1: New Invoice and Other document detailsAddition/Deletion
Taxpayer can add or delete details in various tables of GSTR-1.
Recipient can view details of auto-drafted details of document in GSTR-2A.
Main features of Offline Tool:
- Direct data entry of invoice and other document details in the tool.
- The tool has functionality to check duplicate records in file created for the lot.
- Taxpayer can input data of invoices using Excel Workbook (*.xlsx/xls) with separate worksheet for each section of return for entering invoice data and import the same into the tool. Data of all sections can be imported in the tool in one go.
- Data can also be copied from the excel template in the window provided in the offline tool.
- Taxpayer can also use the CSV file (*.csv) to import section wise invoice details into the tool.
- Tool generates a file in JSON format, which needs to be saved for uploading on the GST Portal.
- Uploaded details can be corrected by downloading and editing or deleting the invoices. Invoices can be deleted through bulk selection. All data of a section can also be deleted in one go.
- The file generated by tool will have to be uploaded on the GST portal. At this time internet connectivity will be required.
- Auto-drafted inward supplies in Form GSTR-2A statement can be imported into the tool to view.
IV. E-filing Steps
- E-filing of your return (GSTR-1 and GSTR-2) consist of following steps:
- Generation of JSON file with invoice data and other details as per the selected return type in the offline tool.
- Upload of generated JSON file to GST Portal (www.GST.GOV.IN)
- Creation of your return summary for all data, uploaded in multiple tranches, on GSTPortal and this will be an online activity.
- Verifying the summary on the Portal through preview and if correct submitting the return
- Filing the return with applicable electronic signature ( DSC/EVC)
Important Note: If the JSON file size is more than 5MB the tool creates multiple JSON files. The JSON files can be downloaded and need to be uploaded on the portal, one at a time.
The GST Return Offline tool version V3.0.0 can be accessed at: https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/offlineutilities/returns/gst_offline_tool.zip
Source from: https://www.gst.gov.in/download/returns