DGFT vide Trade Notice No. 17/2020-21 dated June 29, 2020, laid down the procedure and Criteria for submission and approval of applications for exports of PPE Medical Coveralls for COVID – 2019. The application procedure and criteria for export of PPE Medical Coveralls for COVID-19 is outlined as under:
I. Export of only 50 Lakh units of ‘PPE medical coveralls for Covid-19’ will be allowed every month.
II. Exporters may apply online through DGFT’s ECOM system for Export authorizations (NonSCOMET Restricted items): please refers Trade Notice No. 50 dated 18.03.2019. There is no need to send any hard copy of the application via mail or post.
Ill. Only applications for export of “PPE medical coveralls for Covid-19” filed from 1st today of each month will be considered for the quota of that month.
IV. All the applications will be examined as per the Para 2.72 of Handbook of procedures and all approvals/allocations will be done by the 10th of every month.
V. The validity of the export license will be for 3 months only.
VI. The following requirements/eligibility criteria will be applicable for issuance of an Export license:
- The firm applying should be a manufacturer of PPE Coveralls (Certificate of registration from the concerned Department/Authority to be supplied)
- Copy of Testing/Accreditation of PPEs medical coveralls issued to the firm from the laboratories notified/recognized by the Ministry of Textiles for this purpose.
- The firm shall either submit a copy of importing country’s PPEs medical coveralls Standards Certificate obtained by it or a Copy of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Certificate obtained by it, if the importing country does not insist on a Standard Certificate.
- The firm shall submit a Chartered Engineer’s certificate certifying that the fabrics used in the PPE medical coverall were manufactured in India.
- A copy of the IEC of the firm.
- Only one application per IEC will be considered for a month.
- A copy of the Purchase Order/invoice.
- All documents must be duly self-attested by the authorized person of the firm.
VII. All the relevant documents as specified above must be submitted along with the online application to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Incomplete applications will not be considered for any allocation.
The Trade Notice can be accessed at: http://dgft.gov.in/sites/default/files/TradeNotice17_0.pdf