Regulation 11 – Period of validity of a licence – Customs House Agents Licensing Regulations, 2004
|Customs House Agents Licensing Regulations, 2004|
11. Period of validity of a licence. — (1) A licence granted under regulation 9 shall be valid for a period of ten years from the date of issue and shall be renewed from time to time in accordance with the procedure provided in sub-regulation (2).
1[Provided that licence granted to a Customs House Agent, authorized under the Authorised Economic Operator Programme, shall be valid till such time the authorization granted to the Customs House Agent under the Authorised Economic Operator Programme is valid.]
(2) The Commissioner of Customs may, on application made by the licensee before the expiry of the validity of the licence under sub-regulation (1), renew the licence for a further period of ten years from the date of expiration of the original licence granted under regulation 9 or of the last renewal of such licence, as the case may be, if the performance of the licensee is found to be satisfactory with reference, inter alia, to the following:-
(a) quantity or value of cargo cleared by such licensee conforming to norms as may be specified by the Commissioner;
(b) absence of instances of any complaints of misconduct including non-compliance of any of the obligations specified in regulation 13.
(3) The fee for renewal of a licence sub-regulation (2) shall be Rs. 5,000/-.
2[Provided that there shall be no fee for renewal of a licence under sub-regulation (2) in respect of the Customs House Agents authorized under the Authorised Economic Operator Programme.]
1. Inserted vide Notification No. 105/2012 – Customs (N.T.), dated 16/11/2012
2. Inserted vide Notification No. 105/2012 – Customs (N.T.), dated 16/11/2012
+91 11 42427056 email@example.com